Welcome to The Detroit Tigers Podcast, the podcast for Tigers fans, by Tigers fans. This is Episode #8, a 49-minute podcast about the American League Champion Detroit Tigers recorded live from Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.Listen to the podcast on the show Web site: www.TigersPodcast.com.In this episode, we talk with Vince Gennaro, author of the new book Diamond Dollar$: The Economics of Winning in Baseball (Maple Street Press). Vince shares with us how major league teams â€” and the Tigers in particular – can adjust to the changing economic landscape in professional baseball.Excerpts from the book are available on The Hardball Times:
But first we cover:Random Items
- Gary Sheffield‘s book “Inside Power” was published on Opening Day and he was interviewed on NPR about the tome.
- See how Pudge lives on AT&T’s HomeTurf.
Around the Tigers Blogosphere
- Curtis Granderson has a blog at ESPN.com
- Lee Panas at Detroit Tiger Tales has done a terrific series of previews for all the Tigers minor league teams.
- Ian Casselberry last month took up residence at BlessYouBoys.com.
- Brian Borawski at TigerBlog.net celebrated four years of bloggin’.
- Billfer at DTW attended the second game of the year against the Blue Jays and is still thawing out. Check out his recap of Ring Day.
- Kurt wrote a nice profile of the Tigers current and future backup catcher, Mike Rabelo.
- Fox Sports.com – Tigers #6
- ESPN.com – #2 (behind the Yankees)
- CBS Sportsline: #4
- Baseball Prospectus: #12(!)
Download the audio file or grab the RSS feed here.Improve our iTunes Ranking: If you like the podcast, please leave a comment on our iTunes page!Comments? Leave a message on the listener line, (480) 383-6350, or leave a comment here!Talk to you next time…on The Detroit Tigers Podcast.Support the Podcast!Consider a donation of $1 a month to help offset hosting costs for the show and provide your host with a nice cup of coffee once in a while. Â Also, be sure to check out The Daily Fungo, my Tigers blog, for more conversations about the team. To stay current with the blog, use this RSS feed.The Detroit Tigers Podcast is not affiliated in any way with the Detroit Tigers Baseball C
lub or Major League Baseball.