Tigers Today: June 8, 2010
Posted on June 8, 2010
29-27, 2nd place; 3.5 GB of Minnesota
Tigers @ White Sox | 8:10 p.m. ET – U.S. Cellular Field | On the air: FSD/AM 1270 and 97.1 FM
Tigers History Lesson
On this Date in Tigers History
- 2005 — The Tigers acquired Placido Polanco from the Phillies for RHP Ugueth Urbina and infielder Ramon Martinez.
- 2001 — Damion Easley became the ninth Tigers player to hit for the cycle, and the first Detroit player since 1993 when Travis Fryman did it. The Tigers beat the Brewers 9-4.
- 1996 — Future Tigers infielder Warren Morris hit a two-run home run with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning to give Louisiana State a 9-8 victory over Miami in the championship game of the College World Series.
- 1981 — The Tigers selected RHP Ricky Barlow with their first pick in the MLB June Amateur Draft.
- 1976 — The Tigers acquired cash considerations from the Cubs for RHP Joe Coleman.