Tigers Today: June 26, 2010
Posted on June 26, 2010
39-33, 2nd place; 1/2-game behind Minnesota
Tigers @ Braves | 4 p.m. ET – Turner Field | On the air: FSD/AM 1270 and 97.1 FM
Tigers History Lesson
- Chris Shelton, 30
- Mike Myers, 41
- Babe Herman (1903-1987)
On this Date in Tigers History
- 1997 — The Tigers beat the Red Sox 10-6 and Brian Hunter swipes four bases.
- 1991 — Mickey Tettleton repeats his feat of four days ago by again hitting a home run out of Tiger Stadium, in an 8-7 win over the Brewers. The Tigers break a 7-7 tie with two outs in the 9th.
- 1987 — The Tigers acquired RHP Shawn Holman and infielder Pete Rice from the Pirates for outfielder Terry Harper.
- 1983 — Baltimore’s Storm Davis holds the Tigers hitless for eight innings, then needs help from reliever Tippy Martinez to complete a 3-1 victory. Pinch hitter Rick Leach, who had been in a 3-for-35 slump, breaks up the no-hit bid with his first home run of the year, leading off the ninth.
- 1972 — Bill Slayback makes his major-league debut a good one, allowing no hits for seven innings against the Yankees. Johnny Callison’s single in the eighth is the first hit, but the Tigers hang on to a 4-3 win.
- 1949 — Pat Mullin hit three home runs for the Tigers in a 12-4 win in game two of a double-dip at Yankee Stadium.