Tigers Today: July 31, 2010
Posted on July 31, 2010
52-50, 3rd place; 6 GB Chicago
Tigers @ Red Sox | 4:05 p.m. ET – Fenway Park | On the air: FOX/AM 1270 and 97.1 FM
Tigers 6 – Red Sox 5
Tigers History Lesson
On this Date in Tigers History
- 2009 — The Tigers acquired LHP Jarrod Washburn from the Mariners for LHPs Luke French and Mauricio Robles.
- 2007 — The Tigers acquired Sean Casey from the Pirates for RHP Brian Rogers.
- 2005 — The Tigers acquired RHPs Roman Colon and Zach Miner from the Braves for RHP Kyle Farnsworth.
- 1999 — The Tigers acquired LHP Mike Maroth from the Red Sox for RHP Bryce Florie; and RHP Brandon Villafuerte from the Marlins for RHP Mike Drumright.
- 1996 — The Tigers acquired RHP Matt Drews, OF Ruben Sierra and cash considerations from the Yankees for Cecil Fielder; Damion Easley from the Angels for RHP Greg Gohr; and, LHPs Joey Eischen and John Cummings from the
Dodgers for OF Chad Curtis.
- 1995 — The Tigers acquired RHP Dave Tuttle, LHP C.J. Nitkowski and a player to be named (Mark Lewis) from the Reds for LHP David Wells.
- 1961 — The Tigers acquired RHP Gerry Staley and Reno Bertoia from the Athletics for RHP Bill Fischer and Ozzie Virgil.