In no particular order:
- Another solid outing wasted. And we can’t even blame it on Fernando Rodney. I’m convinced that if Paul Konerko had come to the dish for a seventh at bat, he hits a homer. (I said the same thing about ABs #1-6.)
- With a free pass today, I suppose it’s no longer fashionable to get on Pudge about his lack of plate discipline.
- Classic shot from today’s game: The fan using the tip end of his sunglasses to punch his All Star ballot selections. How many times I’ve used keys, drinking straws and whatever point-ish objects I could find at the ball park. I believe the MLB ballot invented the hanging chad.
- In no way is this meant to be glib: What does Sean Casey give the Tigers that Carlos Pena didn’t? So far, all we get from The Councilman is steady glove work. A below .200 average? Carlos can give you at least .220.
Think about it. Are you thinking about it?
- In a comment to last week’s Non-Sequiturs, Josh Wallen called me on my man crush for Todd Helton. It wouldn’t be funny if it weren’t so true.
- Remember last year when the Tigers left Detroit in April for the West Coast? Good things started happening then. Could that be the elixir again in 2007? Let’s hope so; I’ll be in Anaheim for Monday and Tuesday’s games.
- I’ll be recording the next podcast from the road and The Big A. We’ll see how well this portable recording technology performs.
Enjoy your week.